The Nagano Prefectural Board of Education is currently seeking experienced Assistant Language (English) Teachers (hereinafter referred to as “ALT”) for direct hire positions.
A. Position Details:
(1) Job Type: Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)
(2) Available Number of Positions: Two
･Base school: A Prefectural senior high School in Hokushin area, Nanshin area or Chushin area
･Regular visit school: Prefectural senior high schools in the neighboring area
･Irregular visit school: Prefectural schools for the physically challenged in the neighboring area
Note: Base school: 3-4 days a week; Regular visit school:1-2 day(s) a week; Irregular visit
school: A few times a month.
(4) Period of Contract: August 20th, 2018 – July 31st, 2019
(5) Work Terms and Conditions
･Remuneration: 280,000 yen/month (3,360,000 yen/year)
･As for other work terms and conditions, the Terms and Conditions for JET Prefectural ALTs shall be applied with some exceptions.
1) Compensation for income tax and inhabitants’ tax is not paid.
2) Housing and transportation allowance is not provided.
3) The JET Programme Accident Insurance will not be available.
It is desirable that the applicant should:
1) Be currently living near the base schools listed above or a neighboring municipal area, or be willing to relocate.
2) Be qualified to teach English or have equivalent teaching experience.
3) Have a positive attitude towards communicating with students and co-workers at school.
4) Have any contract with other institutions end by August 19, 2018.
C. Application Procedure
To apply, send the following documents:
(1) Application form (both in English and Japanese).
(2) A photocopy of your passport photo page and valid visa to live and work in Japan.
(3) A photocopy of your university or postgraduate school Certificate of Graduation.
(4) Medical examination report. (attached form)
(5) A copy of your current contract
Send by post, or deliver in person, to the Director of the Teacher Consultation Division at the following address:
Director of the Teacher Consultation Division, Nagano Prefectural Board of Education
692-2 Habashita, Minaminagano, Nagano City 380-8570
D. Application Deadline
The deadline for applications is Monday May 21st, 2018
(Applications post marked later than May 21st, 2018 will not be accepted.)
E. Selection Procedure
(1) Selection will be made based on submitted documents and interview of short-listed candidates.
(2) Interviews are planned to be held on Wednesday May 30th, 2018. Detailed information will be given to those applicants who are called to interview.
(1) The results will be sent to each applicant by post.
(2) Inquiries by email, phone or fax will not be entertained.
Forms and Japanese version available here.
If you have any questions, please send an email to Vikki at email@example.com with the subject line “ALT Job Posting Inquiry.”